Winter weather can present a challenging set of obstacles for any driver, even one with years of experience. From colder temperatures, snow, icy conditions, and poor visibility, driving can be dangerous. If you are an insured driver near Collierville, TN, follow these four winter tips to make your winter drives safer.
Winterize your car
Winterize your car by:
- Getting a tune up: having your mechanic check your car can help to prevent break downs by ensuring that your car is in working order.
- Checking your battery, heater, tires, and defroster
- Keeping your windshield washer fluid and gas tank filled
Stock your car with the proper winter gear
- Shovel: Handy to dig your tires out if you get stuck in snow
- Snow brush
- Extra gloves and hats
- Blankets, bottled water in case you are stranded at any time
Icy conditions can be unexpected and cause unavoidable sliding. As such, slides offs are common during winter, and roadside assistance can be very useful. Avoid the added stress of big towing bills by adding roadside assistance coverage onto your auto policy.
Review your insurance coverage
Because of the added risks, winter is an important time to review your current auto insurance policy.
- Consider speaking with your insurance agent to determine your level of risk during each season. Winter storms and weather-related accidents can cause damages that make you question what exactly your policy covers. Comprehensive coverage may protect you against damage caused by a winter storm while collision coverage may protect you against physical damage (i.e.. a dented bumper from sliding on an ice patch). After speaking with your agent, you may decide to increase your coverage by adding comprehensive or collision coverage.
Don’t get caught this winter without the level of auto insurance coverage you need. Instead, speak with an agent serving the Collierville, TN area to find out what options you to safest on the road.