How Uninsured and Underinsured Coverage Works in Collierville, TN

When looking at auto insurance coverage options in Collierville, TN, you will likely see uninsured and underinsured coverage included. You can opt out of this coverage, but there are numerous reasons why you should keep this vital form of protection as part of your policy. Since we offer this type of coverage at Brock and Poole Insurance Agency, we want to give you an overview of what this type of coverage entails and why we consider it necessary for drivers.

How Uninsured Motorist Coverage Protects You (UM)

If you have an accident and the other party doesn’t have insurance, your uninsured coverage will help pay for damages regardless of fault. Tennessee is home to many uninsured drivers and drivers between insurance coverage. So, there’s always a possibility that an accident with any individual on the road can become a situation where the other party doesn’t have insurance. Your uninsured motorist coverage will give you protection against that possibility.

How Underinsured Motorist Coverage Protects You (UIM)

Even when a motorist has proper auto insurance coverage, there’s still a chance the person doesn’t have enough coverage for damages sustained in an accident. For this reason, underinsured motorist coverage can become a safety net.

For example, if you’re in an accident and your medical bills cost more than the other party’s insurance coverage can pay, your UIM coverage will help bridge the gap. This also applies to lost wages, loss of earning potential, pain and suffering, and other damages from an automobile accident.

Do You Need Uninsured/Underinsured Coverage in Tennessee?

It would be best if you considered UM/UIM coverage a necessity. You never know what you might have to deal with in the aftermath of an accident, so having these additional protections makes a lot of sense. UM/UIM adds coverage amounts beyond your policy limits, which can become very important for you and your family if an accident happens.

Contact us at Brock and Poole Insurance Agency today to learn more about uninsured and underinsured coverage in Collierville, TN.

My car is old. Is full coverage insurance a waste of money?

Auto liability insurance is required to drive in every state legally. However, auto liability insurance is a necessary minimum insurance requirement. You may need more insurance depending on your particular situation. Typically, drivers who lease or finance their car will have to carry full coverage auto insurance. However, other circumstances may make it beneficial to carry more than just liability insurance. Our Brock and Poole Insurance Agency team can help Collierville, TN drivers determine the best insurance coverage for their unique situations. 

Liability vs. Comprehensive and Collision Insurance

Auto liability insurance covers damage and injuries that others sustain when you’re found at fault for an auto accident. It will not cover any damage to your car or any injuries you sustain. This insurance expressly covers damage to other people’s property, vehicles, and personal injuries. All drivers are required to carry auto liability insurance. Conversely, comprehensive and collision coverage, often referred to as full coverage insurance, covers damage to your car, your personal injuries, and damage your vehicle may sustain from non-moving accidents or situations. 

My car is old. Is full coverage insurance a waste of money?

Maybe. Once a car reaches ten to fifteen years old, it loses its value significantly. Overinsuring a vehicle, you would not be compensated for in an accident may not be the wisest way to spend your money. Typically, full coverage insurance isn’t practical once the cost of insurance is equal to or greater than the cost/value of your car if it’s declared a total loss in an accident (totaled). You may also consider dropping full coverage insurance if you can afford to pay for your car’s repairs or may opt to buy another car if your car is totaled in an accident. If you have questions regarding how much auto insurance is best for your unique situation, call us. We’d be happy to help you explore your options. 

Things to Consider When Getting Auto Insurance

While getting auto insurance is a mandatory requirement for numerous states in the country, not all drivers will know what to look for in their policy. No two insurance policies are created equal, requiring you to have the proper knowledge before buying your preferred cover. Brock And Poole Insurance Agency can help with this, with the following points designed to help Collierville, TN drivers understand what to consider when getting auto insurance.

What Does Your Policy Cover?

Auto insurance offers numerous policy options, with each covering various features. If, for instance, you require coverage dealing with 3rd party bodily injury or property damage, a policy such as liability coverage will be your go-to. Personal injury harm, on the other hand, would be suited to medical payment coverage with other options such as comprehensive cover helping you get compensation for non-collision accidents. Due to these distinct features, make it a point to study each coverage before settling for your plan.

Be on the Lookout for Exclusions

While auto insurance covers numerous hazards that drivers are likely to encounter during their daily commute, it also comes with exclusions. Examples of these include property damage from disasters such as earthquakes and intentional acts of harm. In addition to this, various covers may also not cover roadside assistance and wear and tear during your compensation unless your provider offers add-ons. To get ahead of such inconveniences, be on the lookout for specific situations that fall outside your coverage.

State Guidelines

Different states also require drivers to carry various compulsory policies, with failure to heed these guidelines likely to leave you with penalties. Before adopting any policy, ensure you consider your region’s legal requirements.

Whether you need extra coverage or need first-time coverage to help with your commuting needs within Collierville, TN, get in touch with Brock and Poole Insurance Agency today for auto insurance.

Why am I required to have auto insurance in Collierville TN?

Car insurance is not something to take lightly, and for most people, it one of their most significant expenditures. Having a minimal amount of car insurance is required everywhere in the country, and its rules and enforcement are left in the hands of the state. If you are in the Collierville, TN area, consider consulting with Brock and Poole Insurance Agency to fulfill your insurance requirement.

It’s about liability

Since most people in this country drive, tragedies inevitably happen, and besides covering costs for either party, the requirement to have insurance is about liability. In many areas, the most important aspect is bodily injury and property damage, which the state sets a certain minimum for drivers to have. By the time you have a license and your vehicle registered, you should already know this.

Even if no law were set in place, it would be likely you need auto insurance anyway. For example, When you purchase a vehicle with monthly payments, it is likely the bank or dealership will require you to have a minimal amount of coverage. This is because your vehicle is still considered an investment, and third parties will want to have it protected until it’s paid off.

If there were no requirements in place, we would have to hope that most drivers would have the financial means to cover the costs in the event of an accident. Realistically speaking, that just won’t happen. There are more benefits than just fulfilling your legal requirement. You also are covering your assets and protecting passengers in your car when you have a fully-featured auto insurance policy.

Wrapping Up

Not everyone likes the process of purchasing auto insurance, but it is a necessary part of society, and legally required as such. IF you are looking for options to cover your legal liability within Collierville, TN, consider giving the Brock and Poole Insurance Agency a call.

How Does a Former DUI Charge Affect My Car Insurance Rate?

How a DUI affects your car insurance rate isn’t straightforward and can depend on a variety of factors. At Brock and Poole Insurance Agency, serving Collierville, TN and the surrounding area, we understand that you need auto coverage to meet your individual situation. Here’s a look at how a former DUI charge can affect your car insurance premium.

Higher Risk Means Higher Rates

If you have been convicted of a DUI, you are considered to be at a higher risk of being an unsafe driver and therefore will see a rate hike in your auto insurance. The circumstances of your DUI conviction and whether or not you were a minor can play a role in how much your auto insurance rate increases. In the state of Tennessee, the blood alcohol content for those over age 21 is .08% and for minors is .02%.

Length of Time After a DUI Affects Rates

A DUI offense stays on your criminal record for the rest of your life in the state of Tennessee. The point at which you can once again be eligible for a safe driver discount is determined on a case-by-case basis.

However, if you exhibit safe driving, your insurance rates will become less of a reflection of your former DUI with each passing year. Keep in mind that there are other factors that influence your auto insurance rate, such as your credit score. By managing your credit card payments and improving your credit, over time, you are likely to see lower car insurance premiums.

Contact Us

At Brock and Poole Insurance Agency, serving Collierville, TN and the surrounding area, we will help you find a rate to meet your needs. If you would like more information about how your DUI can affect your car insurance premium, give us a call today at 901-854-9775.

Do You Need Auto Insurance if You Don’t Have a Car?

If you don’t have a car, then you probably think to yourself that you don’t need to have auto insurance in Collierville, TN. Without a car, you can get non-owner car insurance with Brock and Poole Insurance Agency, so if you ever have to drive a car you will be covered.

You should have this type of policy if you rent cars frequently, or use car sharing services. It’s also helpful if you are borrowing others peoples’ cars. This would cover you if the costs of any damage caused exceeds the owner’s liability limits, so you aren’t on the hook for the remainder. If you are between cars and want to get car insurance later, having this type of insurance can help you save on premiums since going without coverage can make you look risky. If you will be owning a car soon, then get this policy, and once you get a car call your agent and switch to regular coverage. If you live with the people whose cars you are constantly driving, such as your parents, then this policy wouldn’t make sense and you should be listed as a driver on the other policy.

The cost of the policy is less than you would expect. Its price can depend on how often you plan on driving and how old you are. The plans will typically provide liability coverage and some will include medical coverage for yourself. This type of insurance won’t cover collision or comprehensive costs, so repairs on the vehicle won’t be covered. You may also have the option for uninsured motorist coverage, to help if you are in an accident with a driver who doesn’t have insurance.

Contact an agent at Brock and Poole Insurance Agency serving Collierville, TN to discuss your options for non-owner car insurance, and see if this policy is the best fit for your needs.

What Can Happen if You Do Not Have Proper Auto Insurance in Tennessee?

In Tennessee, it is illegal to drive without auto insurance or to have less than the minimum required amount of auto insurance. An easy way to avoid any legal issues is to have the right amount of auto insurance. However, there are still some people in Collierville, TN that do not even have the state minimum required by law. Here at Brock and Poole Insurance Agency, we want to make sure everyone has the proper amount. If you don’t, these are some of the things that can happen to you. 

There are different penalties based on if you do not have the right insurance or if you fail to provide proof in Tennessee. If you do not have the right amount of insurance, you can get fined up to $300. If that wasn’t enough, you will also have your driver’s license and registration suspended until you can provide proof of having the right amount of coverage in place. Before they will be reinstated, you will even have to take the driver’s license examination again. Not only will you have the fee mentioned before but you will have to pay a $65 restoration fee and a $50 fee to the commissioner of safety. Lastly, you will have to supply the SR-22 certificate to your insurance company for 3 years and that can greatly increase your insurance costs. 

If you want to make sure that you have the proper amount of auto insurance for Tennessee, make sure you reach out to us here at Brock and Poole Insurance Agency, serving Collierville, TN. We can take a look at your current policy to make sure you have the right amount of coverage. We can also get you a brand new policy if you need something different or do not have auto insurance at all. Contact us today to get your free quote and insurance.

Purchasing Auto Insurance? Avoid These Mistakes

Car insurance need not be expensive to provide the protection you need.  If you’re new to purchasing auto insurance, it’s easy to make mistakes that can result in paying more money than necessary for a policy. At Brock and Poole Insurance Agency, we’ll help you avoid costly insurance mistakes and guide you to affordable auto insurance policies suited to your budget and needs. Here are some common mistakes consumers make when searching for auto insurance.

Not Comparing Policy Prices  

If you don’t shop around and compare what different insurers in Collierville, TN have to offer, how do you know you’re getting the best deal? By comparing insurance companies, policies, and prices online, you can save time and money on your car insurance.     

Not Knowing Insurance Requirements  

Before you can buy auto insurance, you need to know what’s required for the state where you live. In Tennessee, you’re required to have minimum liability coverage to pay for injuries or damages you cause to other motorists in an accident that’s your fault. Additional insurance coverage such as collision, comprehensive, roadside assist and towing are all optional.   

Not Getting Enough Coverage

When buying auto insurance, try to get a balanced package that protects both you and others in the event of accidents. Insufficient coverage could result in your getting sued for damages or having to pay for personal repairs out of pocket.

When it comes to liability coverage, minimum state requirements may not be enough to cover the fallout of serious accidents. By getting more than the minimum, you stand a better chance of protecting your interests. You should also consider coverage to protect your vehicle so you don’t have to pay repair costs on your own. 

At Brock and Poole Insurance Agency in Collierville, TN, we can help you find the right auto insurance coverage at the right price. 

In Collierville TN, Does Commercial Insurance Include Damage to Vehicles on the Property?

Brock and Poole Insurance Agency offers commercial insurance policies to local businesses in the Collierville, TN area. Commercial insurance policies are available that cover weather damage, liability, Worker’s Compensation and a variety of other events that can lead to devastatingly hard times for a business owner. Being financially secure is essential if any business is going to be a success. One of the biggest concerns for any business is damage to third party vehicles while they are on company property. Having the right type of coverage will help business owners protect themselves if an accident occurs.

In most cases, if a vehicle is hit by another car or a shopping cart while parked in the parking lot of a business, their auto insurance will pick up the cost of the damage. If a vehicle is in a company lot and is damaged by a company vehicle or a falling object or other types of debris, the company’s insurance may be responsible. While each situation is different, the company’s liability policy will pay for damages that the company itself is responsible for. Keeping the property clean and free of debris as well as properly maintaining the building will help to protect against this type of damage.

Business owners who live in the Collierville, TN area can call the licensed agents at Brock and Poole Insurance Agency if they have any questions as to what their current commercial policy covers. It is important to review your policy every few years to ensure you have sufficient coverage for both liability and property damage. If an accident does occur on company property, notify your insurance agent immediately so they can take charge of the matter. 

Proof of Insurance Requirements for Tennessee Drivers

If you drive in the state of Tennessee, you must have a minimum amount of auto insurance, and you need to provide proof that you have a policy in place. You need to at least have liability coverage to be legally insured, but there are other options available if you want to pay for additional coverage.

State Minimum Auto Insurance Requirements

If you’re a resident of Tennessee, then you must have a minimum amount of liability insurance that will pay for any injury-related costs. These include:

•    At least $25,000 for every injury or death during an accident
•    At least $50,000 for all injuries or deaths that have resulted from an accident
•    At least $15,000 in property damage coverage for every accident

There are additional coverage options available, so it may be advisable to pay the extra cost to be protected against any additional liabilities. Be sure to talk to someone at Brock and Poole Insurance Agency in Collierville, TN to find out what sort of options you have available. We would be happy to discuss your auto insurance needs, and we can find a plan that will meet your needs and fit your budget.

Providing Proof of Insurance in the State of Tennessee

Aside from having an active insurance policy that meets state required standards, you must have proof that you have a policy in place, and you must present it to a law enforcement if you’ve been pulled over. You must also provide it if you’ve been involved in an accident that you’re required to report. According to the state of Tennessee, the following documents are considered to be valid proofs of insurance:

•    Insurance ID card
•    Insurance binder
•    Policy declaration page

If you aren’t sure about what you need to provide proof of insurance according to Tennessee State Law, then you need to talk to an agent at Brock and Poole Insurance Agency. We’ve provided for the insurance needs to Collierville, TN for a long time, and we can answer any questions that you may have about your auto insurance policy.